Friday, November 18, 2011

Pur-soup of Happiness




Pur-soup of Happiness
By: Kid Cudi
“If I fall if I die, know I lived it to the fullest, if I fall, if I die, know I lived it missin’ bullets.”
I live my life missing so many bullets, especially when cooking this pumpkin soup. Super great song to use an immersion blender to. I am sure that is what Kid Cudi was thinking when he wrote this song. He was thinking of pureed pumpkin, as every up and coming rapper / hip hop artist is.


Ingredients
2 medium onions, finely chopped (2 cups)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 large garlic cloves, minced
1 ½ tablespoons minced peeled, fresh ginger
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon green curry paste
1 ½ teaspoons salt
¾ teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
3 ½ cups of fresh, pureed pumpkin (2 cans packed pumpkin)
1 ½ cups reduced sodium chicken broth
1 can unsweetended coconut milk (14 oz)

Cook onions in butter in a 6 quart saucepan over moderate heat, stirring occasionally or until the onions are soft and translucent (about 3 – 5 minutes). Do a couple body rolls. Clap your hands twice, chest pump (slowly or quickly depending on the mood). Add garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add cumin and coriander and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Stir in salt, red pepper flakes, pumpkin, broth, coconut milk, green curry paste and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Add a shake or two of pepper to spice it up a bit more, or, to serve and look extra pretty and super impressive, add a dollop of Greek yogurt and toasted pumpkin seeds to the top.

I toasted my pumpkin seeds with 1-tablespoon e.v.o.o and Herbs de Provence. BAM. 

No comments:

Post a Comment